Yo La Tengo - live at the First Unitarian Church
Recorded live in Philadelphia, PA 10/12/04 - 152 min
- My Little Corner of the World
- Don't Have to Be So Sad
- It's a Beautiful World (Devo)
- Seemingly Stranded (David Kilgour) (vocals)
- Come Again (Sue Garner) (vocals)
- I Wanna Be Your Lover (Bob Dylan)
- Tears Are In Your Eyes
- From a Motel 6
- Season of the Shark
- Asphalt Road (Sue Garner) (vocals)
- Autumn Sweater
- Behind That Locked Door (George Harrison)
- The Trouble With Me (Lois) (vocals: Calvin Johnson & Georgia)
- If You Ain't Lovin' (You Ain't Livin') (Faron Young) (vocals: Calvin Johnson)
- ? "i'm a turtle when I'm workin' and a rabbit as a player" (?Dub Narcotic Sound System) (vocals: Calvin Johnson)
- Tally Ho! (The Clean) (vocals: David Kilgour)
- Little Eyes
- Dreaming (Cosmic Rays)
- ? "honestly" "what does it feel like to cross that line" (Dave Schramm) (vocals)
- Tom Courtenay
- Little Honda
- Big Day Coming (quiet)
- ? "love is only love" (vocals: Calvin Johnson)
- Love Is In The Air (?John Young)
- Somebody's in Love (Cosmic Rays)
DAT master (CSB w/bass roll-off -> M1 [mic in, AGC]). This was a
seated show in the First
Unitarian Church of Philadelphia. I was sitting directly in front
of the outer right speaker, one row back. Sound is good overall, but
mixed: quiet songs like "My Little Corner of the World" are very
clear, but cacophonous numbers such as "It's a Beautiful World" are
kind of echoey.
Three sets (54 minutes, 54 minutes, and 44 minutes). Third
Philadelphia show in a row featuring members of the Sun Ra Arkestra.
Final stop on the tour of swing states.
An amazing lineup of featured performers play with the band:
Fun version of "It's a Beautiful World", sung by James. (Is it me, or
do YLT get some of their cover ideas from commercials? "It's a
Beautiful World" was used as the jingle for various Target spots a
while back, and "You Sexy Thing" was in a Burger King commercial
shortly before YLT were covering it. I realize that's only two songs of
the hundreds they know...just saying is all.)
- Danny Ray Thompson and Tyrone Hill (Sun Ra Arkestra)
- David Kilgour (The Clean, etc.)
- Sue Garner (Run On, etc.)
- Dave Schramm (Schramms, former member of YLT)
- Calvin Johnson (Beat Happening, etc.)
Dave Schramm plays lead guitar on "Tears Are In Your Eyes".
Calvin Johnson sings several songs as only he can, including an oddly
compelling duet of "The Trouble With Me" with Georgia.
Organ levels were very low in "Autumn Sweater" until the sound
guy fixed something.
Tremendous extended version of "Little Eyes".
Sound levels drop for a few seconds in "Little Honda" due to a
careless audience member bumping our local speaker, causing it to
briefly lose power.
Michael Edmonson (email@example.com)