Yo La Tengo - Live at Trefcentrum VartKapoen - 105 min.
Recorded live in Brussels, Belgium, 09/17/95
Setlist information courtesy of Rob
- Paul Is Dead
- I Heard You Looking
- House Fall Down
- Pablo And Andrea
- Tom Courtenay
- How Many Bells? (Dump)
- The Whole Of The Law
- Did I Tell You
- Don't Say A Word (Hot Chicken #2)
- Five Cornered Drone (Crispy Duck)
- False Alarm
- Big Day Coming
- Blue Line Swinger
- The Summer
- I Heard Her Call My Name (Velvet Underground)
- Speeding Motorcycle
- Some Kinda Fatigue
- Yellow Sarong
- A Satisfied Mind (?)
Sound is excellent, if a little light on bass. The quiet songs are
very clear; you can really tell this one was recorded on a DAT.
Repaired assorted minor clicks and pops throughout using Cool Edit 2000.
- "How many bells?" is excellent.
Really cool slowdown/echo ending to "I Heard Her Call My Name"
- Highly unusual version of "Speeding Motorcycle": lots of drone and organ.
"The arty stuff usually sends 'em home," comments Ira afterward.
Michael Edmonson (firstname.lastname@example.org)