- CDRs are for trade only, not for sale.
- I can trade DAT, DVD+R/DVD-R, and CDR. I prefer to send on
CDR or DVD.
- I'd prefer to trade in digital formats exclusively, but may consider
known-generation analog tapes of a few of my favorite bands (especially Seam). I may be receptive to transferring tapes to CD if they are masters or low-generation copies of rare shows.
- I use Exact Audio Copy for reliable CD audio extraction; an excellent program, highly recommended. If you don't use this program I'd like to know why not <g>.
- I prefer to trade in lossless formats such as SHN, APE, and FLAC formats where possible. If you are serious about clones this is the way to go, IMO...if you care enough to use EAC you should care enough to use one of these! If you have a high-speed connection we might be able to swap online, though my upstream speed isn't great (cable connection).
- When trading losslessly, please include MD5 signatures! mkwACT is a handy tool for generating these.
- Please let me know about any flaws in your recordings, or if
they are incomplete or edited in any way.
- I burn all CDs DAO (disc-at-once), please do the same! 2-second gaps between tracks of live shows are no fun. If you don't know what this means, read the fine CDR FAQ.
- Media: use whatever brand you've had best results
with. My current favorites are made-in-Japan Fuji discs, manufactured by Taiyo Yuden.
This seems to be less of an issue than it was in the old days.
Please let me know if you have a strong pro- or anti-brand preference.
- Burn speed: my old burner did a much better job recording at lower speeds than at higher speeds.
Later recorders haven't seemed to have this problem. I ask that you record
at a speed that you know generates good results on a variety of players.
- I'd prefer if you didn't write on or label the discs.
- Artwork doesn't matter to me, but please include setlists and any
information you have about the recording. Emailed info is fine.
Back to the list
Michael Edmonson <email@example.com>
Last modified: Sun Jul 15 19:45:57 2001